Thursday, April 27, 2006

I'm a gauche caviar, or am I a smoked salmon socialist?

hehe. Today I was discussing with Spencer, the guy who is going to do my old job at ANSSA, how much I love my birks (these - dark brown, classic - are mine and I love love them wayyy more than I should) and iPod (1GB - the smallest one I could get, though could still not afford) and how this makes me a huge champagne socialist as it's the first time I really remember possessions making me happy.... first he explained to me that "posessions are awwwwwessssssoooooommmmmeeee" and then showed me this entry in wikipedia... man, I really underrate wikipedia sometimes. Although, I've been using it much more now that I have firefox ...

from this entry:

Australia and New Zealand: "Chardonnay socialist"
Finland: "Red wine socialist"
Sweden: "Red wine leftist"
France: "Gauche caviar"
Ireland: "Smoked salmon socialist"
The Netherlands: "Salonsocialist"
United States: "Limousine liberal" (also "latte liberal")


I like them all....

No comments: