Friday, April 14, 2006

I want to be a barbapapa TOO!


getting boozy with gen:

barbapapa or barbapapa


"I'd be barbabooks or whatever the hell her name is, or maybe I'd suprise everyone and be barbatelescope!" - A drunk Gen.

Reminder to self: have a barbapapa party this summer - oh, this will happen and it will be glorious.

Update: I wondered why of my "contemporaries" only Gen and Phil had heard of Barbapapas seems it was a "french" thing but, why then did I know about it... further as a drunk Gen pointed out what the hell did these people smoke in order to write these stories?

To see what I mean check out this which cleverly summarizes one of the barbapapa books I had as a child . .. As the woman who runs the site begins to describe this book:

The debut Barbapapa book shows us where the legend began. Well, not really, but it's a great book anyway. Apparently, a Barba-embryo lay dormant underground until an unsuspecting gardener watered it, sparking the seed to grow rapidly into a full-grown pink blob, our friend, Barbapapa. We don't know what he is made of, how he got there, or how he can change shapes and sizes so very easily, but who cares?


No comments: