I will not firebomb dell. I will not firebomb dell.....
Sooooo my laptop's ac adapater has been shorting out a bit here and there but its generally when I'm moving my laptop around so I call dell at 3am (after waking up from a, I guess a nap after pulling an all nighter - like straight 24 hours - to get a final course paper done) I figure I better call dell so that they can replace my adapter because I may have to write my MRP in one week straight and the last thing I need is for me to have no battery... I was being responsible. Yes. So, I call dell. The guy, very nice and competent (weird combo) tells me very calmly it seems that the problem is probably MY MOTHERBOARD. ARE YOU SERIOUS? Yes, my motherboard, yes me whose harddrive completely crashed about a month ago. Yes, that same me who asked are we sure it's not a problem with my motherboard too - to which dell said ahhh no. That's not possible.
The guy was like is there anything that you will need your computer for over the 5 business days it takes for a turnaround on installing a new motherboard?
Me: UMMMM yeah (actually not yelling - props to me) my THESIS (this is what I call my MRP when I don't want to get into it with strangers and/or dumb people)
Anyways he was helpful. Was like backup your files (which is my first goal when I get up again) and he gave me a month to send it in and told me how I can work the system to get longer if necessary.
Now, had I have called before my nap like I was going to Brad is right - that person would regret their job choice....
Okay, going to sleep this off.
No comments:
Post a Comment