Friday, March 16, 2007

A yogourt (or two) a day ...

So there is this kind of yogourt I really really like and have not had since I've moved to the Glebe. It's a particular kind of astro yogourt that neither of the nearby grocery stores sells. Enter Brad (the king of discount shopping - seriously he can rattle off sales at Loeb or Loblaw's at the drop of a hat) making a passing comment: Joanna Loeb has a sale on astro yogourt. Later in that week I would ask procrastinating Bradley if we could go to the Loeb downtown to look for the kind I like - he agreed. (I do feel badly for poor innocent Erin not having attended a sale with me before, and Brad really should have learned from the 'chocolate milk incident')

After having talked myself down from buying 4 or 5, I bought 3 packages of 12 for 2.99 (regularly $6.09!) Note this was more to do with concerns of money and fridge space (mostly fridge space) than concerns about consumption. I also left Brad at one point to "man" my yogourt so I could go get a cart for the supplies - he said he feared he'd have to drive the car up to the door and I'd have a wheelbarrow of yogourt (why do you give me ideas Brad!) Anywho, I took some pictures of my shelf and drawer in the fridge because I thought it was funny. Also, please see my favourite of favourite kinds - caramel. mmm. The best part is that they are balkan style with honey. So, yes, I have yogourt, grapes, avocados and carrots. [nb family: yes, yes, I actually have more to eat than that, like spinach, and chicken etc.]

Oh I'd be remiss if I didn't mention that I made a BIG deal of this sale in the line up at the cash and it involved others commenting and Brad's major embarrassment I'm sure he'll chime in to describe the "incident". I contest that I am bringing joy to an otherwise annoying process - waiting in line at the grocery store (he argues I'm that annoying girl they'll go home and talk about, but, hey at least it was distracting and got them talking, no?)