Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Eve's "wedding dress"

My sister sent me these pictures (the one with the Princess hat was taken specifically to piss me off - I was pissed at Mom and Dad for buying her this and went on some rant about gender norms that may have involved asking my sister if she wanted Eve to have a "tramp stamp" when she was 15 because this was the route she was going with "Princess shit" - this should spark Lindsay's rage - note: the rant was HALF joking)... anyways, as I was saying when she sent me these the subject line was "Eve's wedding dress" I was like ah, christ, what the hell? (first Europe before me now marriage first too?!) However, what it is in reference to is that it is the dress Eve will be wearing to the wedding she is attending (in Europe) with my sister and brother-in-law. Anyways, I think the dress is pretty.




There is also a video of Eve in her jolly jumper for good measure. Teresa is still trying to get a good crawling video but is worried about her putting things in her mouth or something (nb Teresa: for Elodie's video of crawling her mom basically was playing fetch with her - something to consider I'm just saying - though Scrum might get confused). Eve has also got WAY more into the jolly jumper since I was there (which makes me jazzed as I like to think it was one of my favourite toys growing up).

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

1. Eve might be the cutest baby I've ever seen, and since I'm surrounded by them, thats saying alot!!!

2. Is your reference to me implying I'm:

(a) a tramp?
(b) a girly girl?
(c) a princess
(d) have no problem with gender norms and feel strongly that little girls should wear pink and play princess and little boys should wear blue and make car noises because thats what nature intended?

I grew up in the most gender bias'd house in the whole commonwealth...and yeah, there was a moment in like grade 7 when I was wearing body shop tshirts and protesting styrofoam when I objected to the gender bias's...but then I discovered in Dave Briggs' world that girls don't have to mow lawns or shovel driveways...and yeah, guess who learned to stop protesting. My point being...gender neutral is a crock of shit.

Side note: In Dave Briggs' world sons can have girls sleep over when they're 15 while daughters need to be home at 11:00 because sons can't get pregnant. (Direct quote)
- yeah there might just be some rage left over from that.