Suppose I kept on singing love songs just to break my own fall.
I had six - six!?! - espressos at a lovely lovely dinner party I attended this evening (seriously! veggie yoga goddess ,aka my friend Gianna can seriously cook! - if I had a dinner party it'd totally be like that scene from Bridget Jones' Diary...). As all of us currently in the program there (2 were grads, and Kayla was the co-host and not in the program) are stressing out over having done little to no work (okay, well at least that was me) and not sure what we want to do when "we grow up". As such, we banned conversations about school or jobs. (Also, can I say the dinner was distinctly lacking in a majority of couples which was refreshing and made a dinner party seem so much less anxious in a way that you're made to feel you are lacking some "adult gene"...) In any case, we had a lovely little night, and I enjoyed the company as much as the food. We had odd and wonderful topics of conversation including a lengthy debate (of sorts) on marriage: social construct that people idealize and thus can never live up to, or maybe, yes, largely but it depends on the couple?
Maybe (okay probably no maybe's about it) it is one too many Sex and the City episode's or Bridget Jones (yes, doubling up on my Bridge references) viewings ... but, I really want to believe that - for me - something great, this love thing, will happen and yes, it's a lot of work (I'm not completely delusional) ... as Alistair said, paraphrasing the Last Kiss (which was sadly "enh" ... I digress ...) it is a constant choice - love, that is. Anyways, I checked my blogs that I stalk tonight and Post Secret had it's weekly postcards up. This one (below) was one of them and I thought to myself, if I ever get married, as cheesy - and maybe naive - as it is I want that person to feel this way about me and me about him in return. Ick, okay back to reading about colonialism.... 
3 comments:
Get out of my apartment.
Word.
hey. this is me and my boyfriend. I just thought i'd say thanks that you used our picture to describe love. I know we're cheesy but my boyfriend did it and i think he's absolutely amazing for it. ahhahah
Post a Comment