Thursday, June 22, 2006

Maggie's Blog game - wanna play?

1. I’ll respond with something random about you
2. I’ll challenge you to try something
3. I’ll pick a color that I associate with you
4. I’ll tell you something I like about you
5. I’ll tell you my first/clearest memory of you
6. I’ll tell you what animal you remind me of
7. I’ll ask you something I’ve always wanted to ask you
8. If I do this for you, you must post this on yours

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Erin of the red

Joanna said...

1. You once sent me an e-mail which read:
"Holy shit, the stupid right-wing is going to unite. Shit.
http://www.cbc.ca/stories/2003/10/15/unitetheright031015
In other news, I'm non-partisan."

It made me laugh, a lot, then feel sad for our country.

2. Drink 8 shots in a half hour (playing on your challenge to me)

3. Green. Not too sure why, you always look exceptionally pretty in green is one reason.

4. You are this type of brilliant which is so rare (unfortunately) you seem to think in a manner that is incredibly critical and fair. Your comments are always well thought out and very insightful, and delivered in the most humble and unassuming manner – as if you, gasp, actually like to learn and are not always convinced you are completely right, but need to be shown wrong by a intelligible argument. The most admirable aspect of your brilliance however is where I feel many fall short – how you express yourself seems to indicate a way of thinking that cannot divorce rational thought from things such as social justice or human dignity. I admire this of you most of all.

5. It was at a STUSU SRC meeting. We were debating whether or not to support a potential NBSA policy position of lobbying for a tuition freeze. The representative from Vanier spoke and gave the position of her constituents and it didn’t involve anything about pub crawls and were these things affected by tuition – because if so that could have a big decision on how Vanier House felt about tuition freezes…. And, well, it’s a stereotype on my part, but I was a) very surprised and b) so happy to have an engaged councillor and representative councillor I almost fell out of my seat… and then I started asking around about this girl from Vanier…

6. A platypus. I get the impression people don’t know a lot about them but when you get a chance to know things about them they turn out to be very interesting and cool.

7. Given that you are amazing and could do just about anything you want, is it you really envision yourself doing ‘when you grow up’?

Anonymous said...

Joanna! Those are really some of the nicest things anybody has said about me.

I don't really have a specific job in mind. I would just like to do the most I can to contribute.