Wednesday, June 14, 2006

and after one day being 25.....

... I'm starting to act like it?

Today after a full day of work I went to the library to start getting journal articles and books for the beginning stages of research for my MRP - which is due this time-ish next year. (I'm scared too) Further, on the way there I was waiting for a bus from my school (picking up a paper) to U of O and kids were smoking pot at the bus stop (cira 6pm) and I was like friggin kids (in my mind - followed by what, did I just say that?)

As for work. So far so great.

etc.

off to watch the news as I need to catch up on the world and then starting to read on nationalism .... woo-hoo (I don't even know if that was sarcastic or not anymore)

Thanks to Tanya, Barb and Gen for the drinks heir soir.

Oh here's this ...
so not only is it the office's "habitude" {i honestly don't even know what the english word for this is anymore} to always eat lunch together - but to always do so only speaking french. this is going to both kill me and benefit me.... they are all either francophone or one is married to a francophone lives in hull and basically only speaks french at home. gah.

here's an awkward convo that happened yesterday:

(this was in french but i'm writing it out in english - because well my oral sucks enough let alone written....)

me: oh, kate, where do you come from?
her:well the region - i live in gatineau now
woman from chicoutimi: well, but you're not actually Canadian
me: :| (in my head: gah you guys work for a group which identifies as a "national" group meaning canada, wtf?)
woman from chicoutimi: oh, joanna, haha I don't mean what you're probably thinking after 5 weeks in the saguenay region - that because she's living in Quebec she's not Canadian - I mean she was born somewhere else but lived here all her life.
me: (maybe out loud?) phew.

No comments: