Thursday, May 31, 2007

Time to get smarter.

Yes, smarter. That's right Brad, cringe away.

In any case, last night - in part motivated by being amazed about how cheap it is, and in larger part to become a more intelligent and aware person I signed up for a year's subscription to: Harpers and to The Walrus last night. I think this officially makes me way more qualified to be living in the Glebe.

In the same vein, I have begun listening to CBC radio everyday at work. While it kind of annoyed me sometimes growing up that my dad CONSTANTLY had the radio on in the kitchen (even when he was watching tv at the same time) I really miss their shows. So great during the day especially. Like: The Current or Sounds Like Canada.
Or how about later on shows like: the World at Six or As it Happens.

Finally, I am definitely considering a subscription to Canadian Dimension as well. This will excite the following people*: My dad, and Brad.

*This list is 99.9% likely exhaustive as I sincerely doubt anyone else I know even heard of this magazine. Further, I'm shocked that I was surprised that Brad had heard of Canadian Dimension. Of course he had, of course.

In an unrelated story. Erin leaves for a trip to Nunavut on Sunday and I am SUPREMELY jealous.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got Macleans in order to get another news perspective. Sometimes I get the same feeling about it as I do when read the Globe & Mail's online comments.

Can I read the Walrus when you're through with it each month? I'd offer the Macleans, but I somehow get the idea you wouldn't be interested...

Gen

Brad said...

Historians love, love, love this magazine! There's some juicy stuff from its early years.