Wednesday, May 02, 2007

New Bike.

I got one finally. It was the next to cheapest one available at Canadian tire - I opted for front something rather (I'm soooo not bike knowledgeable) so my wrists won't hurt. With a helmet (with a light and a rechargeable battery - charger included), a bell, and a lock we came in at around $215 - sigh. But not too bad. The frame says I should be 5"8 to 6" ummmm yeah, so not but it was the smallest they had and I can touch my feet to the ground (just not flat) but that's okay right? (Say right). I had to walk it almost all the way home (from the Canadian Tire way up bank) because I'm soooo not ready to ride in traffic let alone rush hour traffic on bank. I'm also nervous about biking in general as it's been about 10 years. I'm sooo out of shape (stupid papers ruining my running streak) but between this and getting back into running hopefully I'll start getting in better shape.
Luckily the bike to work can be done almost all on the canal trails. Anyways, she's not pretty but she's not ugly - she'll be a good little bike (I HOPE) it came with a lifetime guarantee. I also got an Ontario license today. I need to renew my license before my birthday and the NS one wasn't cutting it anymore plus I needed something legit for a passport application. Annoyingly, I don't get the real thing (with the picture) until 2-3 weeks - frig even NS and NB had it together to give it to me on spot - Onterrible... Anyways, so ick, I'm an Ontarian now.

Here's my bike (only nice comments please!)

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

She looks like a good solid little investment. Didn't know you could get them so cheap, might go and invest in one myself, cause the cost was the only thing stopping me from getting up even earlier for work to bike to work...

Hungry Janey said...

Sweet ride, Laskey! Do you have a catchy name for her yet? Maybe Red Rider, The Bullet, or the like?

Anonymous said...

Great work.