Thursday, January 11, 2007

"I said in that case I'll have a rum and coca-cola"

One thing that I don't like about myself is when I get (ever so rarely) a bit of 'working class rage'. I mean relatively speaking I'm enormously privileged which is the main reason I don't like to feel this way. The other is it manifests itself in an unhealthy resentment. Albeit there are some very good reasons to have anger about the the division of wealth and privilege etc. but, the feeling I'm talking about feels very removed from anything to do with Social J. Rather, it feels like pure unadulterated envy ... ick. To rid myself of it I usually put on common people and quite literally 'shake it off' - and try to remember how much privilege I'm afforded at others' expense... this is way more of a downer than I mean to be, or perhaps more trite than it ought to be.

In any case, I'll switch gears: here's the video...


In more exciting news, on Tuesday after the class that causes most of my 'colleagues' and I to have seizures out of stress (our research seminar where none of us seem to really know what the fuck we're doing our major papers on...) me and my school friend Esther are going to see: Frida K. I'm super jazzed and due to a great program I've sadly/embarrassingly have never taken advantage of (live rush) I get to go for $10 and get the best of the empty seats that day. Woot! If you're in Ottawa and wanna go with us let me know we can probably get you a $10-er ticket too as each us can get two tickets






















Okay bedtime I've been working too much this week as we have a grant application due on Monday that has been a pain and classes started up this week...

No comments: