Sunday, October 08, 2006

"I knew when I arrived it was time to go"


This Plaskett lyric sums up last night quite well. The evening involved getting really drunk off red wine last night (ohhhh and mine was called Fat Bastard which I passed up a environmentally friendly tetra pack which donated money to some organization working to save Atlantic Salmon in Ontario...but, it was called FAT BASTARD, come on...) We went to the Heart and Crown - or Dolans writ large - where there was a Halifax band who just played crowd pleasers like Stan Rogers' Northwest Passage. It was a pretty good time. Then we waited an insanely long time for poutine (we were out because Kevin's had three American friends up - I feel uneasy, in some ways and happy in others, about the representation of Canada we gave them - although, I'm sure they had their own misconceptions after Kevin being an ambassador for Canada to them for 4 years - gah). Now I am hungover, though not even close to as hungover as Brad is. In a few short hours we have to pull our lives together to go to a thanksgiving dinner at Cindy's house which I'm skeptical we'll be able to pull off acting like human beings for.....

The night prior we were also at Kevin's and we played trivial pursuit. Kevin and I were a team against Gen, Becca and Brad. We lost but narrowly and we over-analyzed nearly every question. One question asked to us by Brad however was quite hilarious because of his intonation. The card read something along these lines:

"What Quebec politician said in 1996 'There are two people, two nations, and two territories. And this one is ours.'?"


However, he said: "There are two people, two nations, and two territories. And this one is ours?". Way too funny for me.

Back to my bad political porn - CTV's Question Period where there is going to be a story on Stephane Dion - swoon. I'm worried he will take the leadership insofar as I may be held to offhand comments that I would buy a membership card if he did. Note, I have never been a partisan individual. The closest I came was volunteering once briefly on an NDP federal candidate's campaign in my then home riding...sigh.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Volunteering with the NDP in Gagetown, New Brunswick? That's like volunteering for the Bloc Quebecois in Alberta. I think I saw a Hinterland Who's Who on CBC on an endangered species called the "NB Progressive".
-SRS

Joanna said...

No, Fredericton. Same difference really... and I was in 2nd year.

Brad said...

Just for the record...there was no period before the question mark!! I mean, REALLY people. I corrected the error BEFORE any hilarity ensued. And that hilarity was promptly destroyed by the lengthy discussion between Joanna and Kevin about WHICH PQ member was responsible...

Moreover, it was NOT a close game. I'll allow comments about the difficulty of our team's questions being...well...questionable...but we kicked your bum.

In other news, I may still be hungover.

Joanna said...

shut up Brad.

Anonymous said...

I once won a 3.5 hour game of Cranium with my partner Lillian Drysdale by having to spell Wednesday backwards.

Sweet sweet victory for the singles. (like brad)

Anonymous said...

I kick ass at cranium. Some people don't. Like Brad. So, moral of the story is, if you want to have a fun time, have Brad on your team, if you want to win...don't have Brad on your team.

~Lill

Anonymous said...

Oh and P.S. sorry about sneaking on your blog, Mike made me do it. He's Blog crazy, like borderline obsessive, and by boarderline, I mean way past.

~Lill