Under the sea there'll be no accusations . . .

. . . Only friendly crustaceans.
So, I have a new dream of the moment.
I would like to live in a European city (Paris comes to mind but, I think that's only because of movies and having never actually traveled in Europe...) and spend my time sitting around contemplating, writing, chatting, smoking, and drinking coffee and wine interchangeably...
{Dream approximated in photo below}

For this 'new dream' I blame my prof for introducing me to Julia Kristeva . . . [good starting point if you don't know of her]
The aforementioned dream has been coined by my friend Gen as my: 'let's be feminist scholars dream'. When I mentioned this new dream to her said that it was akin to Homer's solution of living under the sea (depicted above). I can't quite disagree but, it remains a dream for now. I mean, if it were ever to come to fruition it would only last so long insofar as it would not take long before my 'contemporaries' would recognize that I'm not smart rather, that I'm indeed full of shit. Unless, I were able to act quickly, creating my own vernacular which was so obscure and inaccessible that people would be too embarrassed to admit they didn't understand what I was talking about and would at least let me continue on in my 'work'. Hmmm. So many things to consider. Like, how does one finance this kind of thing? All suggestions thus far have involved marrying for money and embracing champagne socialism . . .
In other news, I love the term 'in other news' employed this way (thank you Mr. White). Additionally, myself and my roommate (Phil) have become unhealthily obsessed with the TV show 'Lost'. He has been renting the first season disc by disc ($5 dollar fixes as he calls it) for us to catch up on the show. I have never seen the show prior to this week for the reason I told Phil when we were less than sober: "I've never watched this because it's so popular". Turns out, despite it's popularity, it is quite an interesting show and I do enjoy it.
Phil and I, being quite graduate student-ish, actually had a lengthy 'debate' on the relevance of the 'Locke' and 'Rousseau' characters to the show's overarching 'purpose'. I am, though, quite worried that I am now a junkie for THREE (scrubs, grey's anatomy and now lost) TV shows! I never used to watch tv all that much in my undergraduate years, and I was definitely not addicted to shows . . .[well, except you Sex and the City] And then there is my addiction to Jon Stewart's Daily Show (that doesn't get fed as much as I desire).
and with this, I enter the blogosphere - narcissism is neato.
1 comment:
lookit you and your big words...
Post a Comment