Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Top ten Carrie/Big quotes

Here are my top 10 {of the moment} favourite Sex and the City Carrie/Big dialogues or quotes... - top tens make me want to watch high fidelity again
(Yes! It's been a bit of SATC renaissance lately... note the bitter tone to most of them, those who understand me will know why...)

1. Mr. Big: Hey, have you got a light? Carrie: I quit. Mr. Big: Aw, we always used to share a cigarette together. Carrie: We did a lot of things that were bad for me together.
(oh, how very appropriate)

2. [to Mr. Big] Carrie: I'll see you Sunday night. Don't disappoint us. And by us, I mean you and me.
{earlier she had said you owe to us. And by us, I mean me and the city (or new york can't remember exactly - though I'm sure Gen would)}

3. Carrie: Your girl is lovely, Hubble. Big: I don't get it. Carrie: And you never did.
this one wouldn't normally make the cut but nb the bitter

4. Carrie: What do you want? Mr. Big: Why don't we save time and you just tell me what I want?
guess I can't make the dude ALL bad

5. Mr. Big: After a while, you just want to be with the one that makes you laugh.
ha, when will I have a Big say this AND mean it? again, with the bitter

6. Mr. Big: What would you come back as? Carrie: Someone who knows better. Mr. Big: You smell nice. Carrie: I'm not sleeping with you tonight. Mr. Big: I thought we were just having dinner. Carrie: We are.
ah, yes . . .

7. Carrie: Break up Rule Number One: Destroy all evidence where he looks sexy.... and you look happy. We had taken the picture with a disposable camera, before I ever thought that our relationship could be disposable.
about Big . . . and is a excellent rule - even though I don't technically believe in these kinds of rules

8. Carrie: It's not "Baggage." It's "Biggage."
he he he

9. Carrie: I will not be the first one to speak. And if he never calls me again, I'll always think of him fondly. As an asshole.
OH I almost forgot this one - soooo very good

10. Carrie: Maybe we just obsess over relationships that feel un-finished.
OR just in general

Honourable mentions
1. {because technically not a conversation with Big but about him. . .}
Charlotte: Big is in town? Carrie: Yeah, he's here for a little heart thing. Miranda: What, is the on the list to get one?

2. Carrie: I've done the merry-go-round. I've been through the revolving doors. I feel like I've met somebody I can stand still with for a minute. And don't you want to stand still with me?
sigh

3. Carrie: I had gone so far out on a limb with my feelings but I didn't realize I was standing out there alone.
repeat, sigh ha ha ha fuck I'm a loser but whatever this is fun if only for me

4. Samantha: Men cheat for the same reason dogs lick their balls: because they can.
just plain fucking funny and not even remotely, actually, it was in reference to Big I think

and.... I who I should really be listening to:
Miranda: How did it happen that four such smart women have nothing to talk about but boyfriends? It's like seventh grade with bank accounts.

Time to head to the manx for supper with Barb!

No comments: