You Don't Make Friends with Salad, er PETA.
PETA officially disgusts me. I saw this a few days ago and I wondered about giving it further undue attention but, then I realized at max 3 people read this sooooo have you seen this ad:
I tried to rationalize how this was "okay" but, no even if you believe that killing humans is no different then killing other animals.... no, no go. Unbelievable. Some people like this person want to argue that the shocking nature of this advertising has worked (even though the Manitoban papers they wanted to run it in refused them) because it has gotten so much attention thus, apparently, ipso facto has promoted their agenda. I'm sorry as a person who (as far as meat goes) only eats seafood upon hearing about this advertisement I wanted to go out and eat ton of freaking meat.... There is a difference between shocking to force people to think and something like this that is not only patently offensive but unforgivably exploitive. I understand that their argument I just entirely disagree with their tactics here. Further, I fail to appreciate how they truly believe that these types of tactics will do anything to garner new supporters in their efforts. Again, I get their argument that it will jilt people into discussing the issue - even when this would be the case (though, I think most discussions would be more like: can you believe PETA?!) I remain unconvinced that this would push someone into leading a vegan lifestyle.... Personally, I know that any support for this organization I may have entertained before is gone.
No comments:
Post a Comment