Friday, July 06, 2007

My friend Robert Zimmerman

Just got home from the Bob Dylan concert at Ottawa bluesfest. I have SO much to say (I was crafting a post in my mind's eye during different points of the concert. So, dear readers (all three of you) fear not I will post on this soon - it will involve themes, wit, pictures, and maybe even a video!

Aside from standing 2 people back from the stage at U2, I have never felt so perfectly content ... in fact, I don't even think I can compare them. Had I been older than like 6 or 7 I would have died a thousand times to have seen the Rattle & Hum tour concerts when Bob Dylan sang with U2. Sigh, if only. I guess never say never. I was never supposed to have seen U2 or Bob Dylan. I'm so amazingly privileged and I need to try to remember this at all times.

Good night, and more tomorrow! (I'm sure you'll be waiting on the edges of your seats, pft).

Oh and I just got this nice e-mail from a guy named Craig who was standing with us (so nice! note to self: send Craig pictures) with the set list which he diligently recorded. I asked for it (though I could find it later online) as I'm always leaving concerts and everyone is like what did they/he/she play? Me: I dunno man, but, it was awesome. Not tonight, hazzah!

Rainy Day Women #12 & 35 (1966)
Don't Think Twice, It's Alright (1963)
Watching the River Flow (1971)
It's Alright, Ma (I'm Only Bleeding) (1965)
Girl From the North Country (1963)
Rollin' and Tumblin' (2006)
When the Deal Goes Down (2006)
Honest With Me (2001)
Spirit on the Water (2006)
Tangled up in Blue (1975)
Masters of War (1963)
Highway 61 Revisited (1965)
Like a Rolling Stone (1965)
(encore)
Thunder on the Mountain (2006)
All Along the Watchtower (1967)

No comments: