Tuesday, May 16, 2006

la grande seduction

is an excellent film. watch it.

it made me have emotions and more thoughts about maybe one day moving back east... on the way here Kim, Wes and I talked about the east coast and the alleged "culture of defeat" .... I can't help but feel I'm part of the problem not the solution .... I dunno. It's complicated, although I grew up in New Brunswick and almost all my life in one village.... but because unlike eveyone person in my family I wasn't born out east and because it was always a possibility that my dad could be made to move at any moment (although didn't) and because our family was not all around us (as in extended family being our neighbours like many of my friends growing up) I always felt kind of rootless... but, yeah... it's a great freaking movie.

we met two exchange students from Spain (me and my roommate Inez, the one from UBC who was born in Bosnia and Herz.) were spying on neighbours we went outside to sit in the courtyard and they came out to meet us.... now only to gain some boxed wine courage tomorrow night for a supper chez nous to introduce ourselves to the potentially hot men next door who we think are vraiment quebecois.... le sigh. have become pseudo-boy crazy. I am not going to bars and parties ... a bit anti-social but it's because most people in residence are very high school mentality a few cool people who live with families... but again, social stacy (my social side) sometimes takes time to come out.....

I've started confusing my languages a lot and even had a little dream in french last night one thing that stuck with me always when I first did immersion is that my teacher said you are becoming really good in a language when you dream in it... yeah....!

but, malheursement for me it just seems that both english and french are weird to me now i second guess words and i use simple sentences

lost in translation, indeed.

I'll fill in the topics below later, when I feel like it.... if anyone reads this besides Gen! hahaa.

a la prochain!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»